Hello beautiful beings,
I’m back in Texas and I’m so glad it’s no longer in the 100s here. Though I like the heat, it is nice to have a break in it here in Austin. My body however is feeling far more grateful for having mostly kicked my walking pneumonia – though I know the last of it will likely be with me for a few more weeks. That’s right, I managed to get pneumonia while teaching in Melbourne, Australia 2 weeks ago. That meant whenever I wasn’t teaching, I was flat in bed with a hacking cough… good stuff. Instead of heading straight to Austin after Australia, I literally re-routed myself from Los Angeles to go to Denver to lay flat for 3 days and go to my doctor. Definitely needed.
That said, wow was it a great trip. It would take a lot to balance out not getting to see much of town, and spending quality time curled up – but Oz Kinkfestdelivered. What a great event! I strongly recommend it. That was combined with attending Hellfire Resurrection, Klub Kunst, the Fetish Expo, and teaching 10 other classes while in town. Wow! It was so good to be back in Australia, and I am in whispered visioning right now to head back in the next year or so. Stay tuned.
Healed up for the most part, I am jazzed to be teaching this weekend at Austin Ropecraft, where I will be leading an intimate full-day intensive on rope bondage and intimacy called Ropes Entwined, as well as 3 classes called “Simplest Toybag: Creative Uses for Rope,” “Genderqueer Bondage,” and doing my storytelling and discussion class “Sacred Rope: Rope Bondage for Energetic, Spiritual, and Magical Connection.” There are still event tickets available for those interested, so come on out.
The following weekend, October 11-13, I’ll be back in Denver for the Approachable Power Exchange (APEx) Conference, and I’ll be doing my (Re)Thinking Gender class, as well as doing an introduction to non-monogamous relationships. It looks to be an amazing lineup of presenters, and I’m looking forward to going to learn new things. Finally, the last weekend of the month I will be in the Boston area for my sold-out 3-day power/authority exchange relationships intensive, which I’m incredibly excited about.
In this month of health adventures, it gave me a moment to pause. No matter how much I wanted to be with those dear to me in Austin, changing route and having down time was the right thing to do. It meant I gave up precious moments, but it also helped me get onto my feet for the future. Set me, and those around me, up for success in the future. It had me consider the notion of when we sometimes need to pause, recoup, and set ourselves up for future success.
What moments do you need to take to set yourself up for future success? What sort of “pauses” help you thrive?
Yours in Passion And Soul,
- Austin Ropecraft – Austin, TX (October 4-6, 2019): Teaching Genderqueer Bondage, Sacred Rope, Simplest Toybag and leading the Ropes Entwined full-day rope intensive.
- Approachable Power Exchange Conference (APEx) – Denver, CO (October 11-13, 2019): Teaching (Re)Thinking Gender and Open Hearts, Open Minds.
- Delving Into Power: D/s Intensive Weekend Experience – Billerica, MA (October 25-27, 2019): Running a 3-day immersive power exchange intensive. To register, visit this link.
- The Center on Colfax – Denver, CO (November 18, 2019): Leading “Discussing Our Past Lives: Trans and Gender Non-Conforming Folks Sharing Techniques About How To Talk About Our Pre-Transition Histories.”
- Dark Odyssey: Winter Fire – Baltimore, MD (February 14-16, 2020): Teaching classes and leading rituals.
- Oklahoma LeatherFest – Oklahoma City, OK (April 3-5, 2020): Teaching classes.
- Camp Crucible – N. Maryland (May 23-30, 2020): Teaching classes and leading rituals.