Hello beautiful beings!
I ride a tricycle. As someone with a dizziness disorder, I never got into bicycle riding because if I ever had a spell, I could fall over into traffic. Thus, a few years ago when a former partner of mine got me the combined birthday/Christmas present of a tricycle, it was amazing. Mint green, one of my favorite colors, it sports a basket between the back two wheels that I can fill with three grocery bags (or a Costco-sized brick of toilet paper). When a dizzy spell hits, I can simply hold on tight, knowing it is solid and won’t go anywhere.
Some days, my friends feel like that mint green tricycle. They were not expected, but they are such a gift. When life spins and whirls, I can rely on them to be solid, even if all they have to do is simply be there. Together we can do work, or I can take off with them on an unknown road and see what adventures wait for us. We can spend time together every day, or a year can pass and with a bit of tune-up and check-in, we can find beauty and delight once more.
Who are the mint green tricycles in your world?
As I think with gratitude about my own tricycles, as it were, I am looking forward to seeing some of them as I travel over the coming months. One of those places to see those I adore will be traveling back to Denver for two weekends of amazing events in a row!
April 24-25 I will be debuting a 2-day intensive for the Sexual Health Alliance entitled “Our Intimate Selves: Exploring Sex, Gender, Orientation, and Transgender Awareness,” which will offer CEU credits for counselors and therapists, but is open for all interested in learning about this rich topic. That Saturday will also include a stand-alone class and panel called “Beyond Pronouns: Tools for Allyship of Transgender and Gender Diverse Individuals.” I hope that I get to see all of my Denver folks there to share tools for allyship with one another and hear a diverse panel of trans individuals share their experience of when allyship helped them, and where it can improve. The following weekend I will be back in Denver for Colorado Leather Fest teaching “Sacred Kink” and “What’s Leather Got to Do With It? Leather Fetish, Sex, and Soul.” What an amazing pair of weekends in a city I adore… with people I adore.
In April I will also be coming back out to Oklahoma City! Ms. Cenna and I will have the official debut of our conference appearances co-teaching with one another (rather than assisting with each others’ classes) with two delightful classes – “Finding a Third, Joining a Couple” and “Topping From the Bottom, Yes Please!” This will be at Oklahoma LeatherFest, April 3-5, and I hope to see all y’all there (look! I’m embracing my move to Texas!) Who will I see there?
Much love from Austin,
Yours in Passion and Soul,
- Oklahoma LeatherFest – Oklahoma City, OK (April 3-5, 2020): Co-teaching “Finding a Third, Joining a Couple” and “Topping From the Bottom, Yes Please!” with Ms. Cenna.
- Sexual Health Alliance – Denver, CO (April 24-25, 2020): Teaching a 2-day intensive “Our Intimate Selves: Exploring Sex, Gender, Orientation, and Transgender Awareness,” as well as leading a stand-alone Saturday afternoon panel and course related to the topic.
- Colorado Leather Fest – Denver, CO (May 1-2, 2020): Teaching “Sacred Kink” and “What’s Leather Got to Do With It? Leather Fetish, Sex, and Soul.”
- The Crucible – Washington, DC (May 15-17, 2020): Teaching a weekend of rope bondage classes and intensives for club members and guests.
- Camp Crucible – N. Maryland (May 23-30, 2020): Teaching classes and leading rituals for this week+ long immersive sex and kink experience.
- Touch of Leather Arizona – Bisbee, AZ (June 19-21, 2020): Assisting Ms. Cenna with her classes.
- Dark Odyssey: Fusion – N. Maryland (June 24-29, 2020): Teaching classes and leading rituals.
- GWNN Bash – Austin, TX (July 24-26, 2020): Teaching “Inner Monsters: Delving Into the Darkness of Our Desires (Tops),” “Inner Monsters: Delving Into the Darkness of Our Desires (Bottoms),” “Pain Is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional: Techniques for Pain Processing,” and “Punching, Hitting, and Deep Bruising.”
- …and more to be announced soon!