Hello beautiful beings!
I write to you tonight from Denver, Colorado. I’m all moved in, with just a trip to IKEA (this weekend) needed to unpack the boxes that are stacked up. It’s as if your intrepid instigator owns a lot of books! The smooth trip with my friend Gay Sunshine was such a gift from the universe, though driving through small towns in Texas found us in many places where everyone was unmasked, so we were glad to be double masked and having brought enough food for our entire journey. Gay even gave me props for mad snack magic – a new skill officially unlocked.
Part of the trip took us through windmill country. Hundreds upon hundreds of massive windmills, as far as the eye can see. This is one picture from the fields of fans that I took and posted as part of my #365DaysOfGratitude over on Instagram. I have not done it perfectly every day, but life can be like that. Seeing the fans reminded me of an old friend who passed away that was considering becoming a repair person for those things – can you imagine? So impressive, high in the air, helping continue transforming the future of energy.
That individual was a friend, who I also played with from time to time, had a complex relationship with, and wove back into friendship and rope model… and thinking of him was a perfect opportunity to reflect before leading the “Friends Who F*ck: Navigating Kink and S*x with Peers” discussion a few days ago. What an amazing sharing of experiences, resources, and I wanted to share some of them here! So what are some of them?
- I shared this graphic breaking down friends with benefits from booty calls. I don’t know who it is by, sorry! http://bit.ly/bootycallpic
- 2/15 the class “Playing With Jealousy Without Getting Burned” is being taught by Anton F. https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/5040309
- A number of years ago I also wrote an essay called “Complex Ecosystems: Building Ships” where I explored the notion that different types of relationships can be built and that no “ship” is the same. http://passionandsoul.com/soul/complex-ecosystems-building-ships/
- And then… book links were shared!
- Fern, Jessica. Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma and Consensual Nonmonogamy. Thorntree Press, 2020.
- Franklin Veaux, Janet Hardy, Tatiana Gill. More Than Two, A Practical Guide to Ethical Polyamory.Thorntree Press, 2014.
- Moon, Allison. Getting It: A Guide to Hot, Healthy Hookups and Shame-Free Sex. Ten Speed Press, 2020.
- Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy. The Ethical Slut. Greenery Press, 1997.
It was such a great discussion… and I’m hoping this coming week will be just as delicious of banter as we talk about primal play this coming Wednesday (2/16). Also next week, on Monday (2/15), I will be sharing tools and discussing with folks how they can find their unique voice as an educator – so if you are looking to teach for the first time, or are looking to refine your approach to be more authentic and reach people in different ways, this class is for you. This week over on Patreon I also shared a series of audio essays about the “Path of the Flesh” you might enjoy, including an exercise on solo sensuality and auto-erotic meditation.
This coming week, come join me at:
- Finding Your Unique Voice as an Educator
With Wicked Grounds
February 15th, 2021 (6-8p Pacific, 8-10p Central, 9-11p Eastern)
Purchase Tickets: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/5034344
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/455522335817078
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/967542
Everyone in the Dominant/Submissive and Master/Slave community seems to talk about protocol, but what is it exactly? Where does the line between common sense or etiquette stop, and protocol begin? We will look at what Protocol is in a power exchange context, delve into terminology, and then examine formats of commonly recognized protocol systems and how these things develop in individual relationships and group dynamics. How does protocol change from public interactions to existing 24/7 in private dynamics? Let’s look into how to further develop our chosen dynamics, implement them consistently, and discuss the difference between enforcing protocol and punishment techniques. These concepts do NOT just apply to M/s and D/s dynamics from active listening to self-sabotage, this class will touch on communication and lifestyle skills for all types of relationships.
- Going Primal: Hunter, Hunted, Predator, Prey
February 17th, 2021 (1-330p Pacific, 3-430p Central, 4-30p Eastern)
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/763547427907077/
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/972797
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2439294154?pwd=ZGFhRWVaTjVhK1ZpZmthU0JrWmZFZz09
Meeting ID: 243 929 4154
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcvmiz5cpX
Each of us holds an animal inside us, and that creature is primal, wild, and tapped into the ancient power that says hunt, or be hunted, run, or be captured. In this discussion we will explore diverse forms of primal play, from growling and throating your lover in the bedroom, to constructed experiences stalking someone through woods and dark alleyways… and more. What kind of feral beast are you, and why? Bring your experiences to share, your tips and tools for going into primal “space” and coming back to being a socialized human, and your questions for other passionate beasts to share their knowledge about.
A $1-25 donation is encouraged for the Weekly Wednesday series, but none is required to attend.
I also have other classes and events coming up in the next few weeks that you may be interested in, as well as there being a Weekly Wednesday series for February that will be listed on my page early next week:
- Lee Harrington Weekly Wednesdays – Online Worldwide (February 24, 2021): Hosting an open discussion for “Witchy Wednesday.”
- Wicked Grounds – Online Worldwide (February 27, 2021): Teaching “Beyond Pronouns: Tools for Allyship of Transgender and Gender Diverse Individuals.”
- Caroline Carrington Patreon – Online Worldwide (March 2, 2021): Teaching “Rope as Sacred Ritual” for the Patreon members of both Caroline and myself.
- Lee Harrington Weekly Wednesdays – Online Worldwide (February 17, 2021): Hosting a discussion on “Did the Audience Consent? Kink Ethics for Play that Affects Others.”
- Boundless Events – Online Worldwide (March 3, 2021): Teaching “Power Exchange, Energy Exchange: Conscious Inequality, Dominance, and Submission.”
- Embodied~Erotic Intensive – Online Worldwide (March 27-28, 2021): Co-facilitating a 2-day embodiment and sacred sensuality intensive with Meredith Muse.
- … and more being announced all the time!
To check out other classes and intensives, visit my Upcoming Appearances page to learn more. From there you can sign up for my free newsletter as well. To enjoy further free material from me, consider joining me over on Patreon 🙂
Much love to you all and see you soon!
Yours in Passion and Soul,