Hello beautiful beings,
Today I am feeling such gratitude for students, friends, and clients who understand that my health is a complex issue. Plans for sessions, classes, and play time sadly get usurped for 14 hours in bed and medications cutting only so much into migraines, and having profound thanks that my massage therapist can see me tomorrow to get my back in working order after that much sleep. I have been having such appreciation as well for teachers like Jade T. Perry stating on their public pages when they are unavailable due to their health realities because it is slowly giving me more courage to do the same. And I know some of you reading this dance with complex medical realities… perhaps me saying this out loud can pass the gift of talking out loud forward.
Unrelated to my medical realities, I wanted to let folks know that the TOOTH & TALON Shapeshifting Dance Party has been moved to the evening of June 26th instead of this Friday. This fundraiser for LGBTQ Freedom Fund will make the 26th an awesome day, because that afternoon will be the June Patreon-only class, while the May date will be the evening of May 20th. What are the topics? That is being voted on right now by patrons, and will be decided on Friday night, so cast your vote now!
In the meantime, with the dance party moved, consider coming instead to the Unabashed Queer Kink Party… Spring Edition! It is literally the best online party I have ever been to, and is up there on the list with parties in general. DJs, classes, social spaces, voyeurism and exhibitionism spaces, cruising, rituals, and I will be hosting the community conversation space. I’m excited about it, and if you are in the queer-spectrum (whatever that means to you), it is for you.
I had someone forward me yet another article about how a well-known transgender person is against women who happen to be transgender should not be in women’s sports. I’m not available for this discussion at this time other than to say that just because someone is transgender does not mean they know about the complexities of transgender people, experience, or reality. However, it did bring to mind the rich conversation I got to be on a few months ago – “Sex/People: A Sex Talk Roundtable with The Mystery Box Show, Allison Moon, Camille Salcedo, Reba Sparrow, and Lee Harrington.” The initial topic was about the question “Can you still like Harry Potter” because the author of this beloved series had come out as having toxic views on transgender people. It was a great two-hour panel discussion, and I encourage listening to the whole thing… but if you would prefer, feel free to enjoy four short segments from what we discussed:
- “Can I still like Harry Potter?”
- “Being an ally means doing the work”
- “Artists are people and people are problematic”
- “90% of published books do not come from brown people”
- Or enjoy the full length episode
This coming week, come join me at:
- Encouraging Service & Volunteering In Kink, Leather, and Sexuality Communities
May 5th, 2021 (1-330p Pacific, 2-330p Mountain, 3-430p Central, 4-30p Eastern, 8-930p GMT)
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/809291446638596/
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/992529
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2439294154?pwd=ZGFhRWVaTjVhK1ZpZmthU0JrWmZFZz09
Meeting ID: 243 929 4154
Ever gone to kink events and it seems like it always the same three people doing all of the work? Or… maybe you are one of those three people? In this discussion we will examine the reasons people give service or volunteer in our communities, then dive into how we can encourage others to step up to the plate as well. How can we support and retain our volunteers that are already here while also helping new people join in as well? Let’s share our challenges, dive into our desires, and get creative to help our communities thrive.
A $1-25 donation is encouraged for the Weekly Wednesday series, but none is required to attend.
- Unabashed Queer Kink, Spring Edition
May 8, 2021 (6-11p Pacific, 7p-Midnight Mountain, 8p-1a Central, 9p-2a Eastern)
Purchase tickets: www.eventbrite.com/e/unabashed-spring-edition-tickets-149377418881
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/757223078521460
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/991075
After an invigorating debut in the middle of the pandemic, Unabashed is back for their sophomore Spring Edition. This will not be your typical virtual party. It is a queer, kinky, smashing good time featuring two classes, live DJs, rituals and performances, virtual play and exhibitionist spaces, cruising spaces, and I will be hosting the community conversation room again.
I am taking the week of May 9-14 off to officiate a friend’s wedding, and may not post a newsletter (and will NOT be hosting a class May 12th)… so here are two events for that weekend you should know about too!
- Getting Spicy and Freaky: BDSM and Kink 101
With The Society CT
May 8, 2021 (5-630p Pacific, 6-730p Mountain, 7-830p Central, 8-930p Eastern)
Purchase tickets: https://new.thesocietyct.org/tickets/getting-spicy-and-freaky-bdsm-kink-basics-with-lee-harrington/
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/992503
Some people like blindfolds and whipped cream. Others enjoy pushing the boundaries of what their body can take. Whether you like intense sensations or more subtle flavors, everyone wins when they learn to explore and express their tastes. There are so many tastes out there – perhaps we will uncover some new ones for you to enjoy! Let’s look together at our tastes from mild to wild, creating scenes and play for the diverse connections we have in our sexual and kinky play.
- Crotch Ropes and Butt Bondage
With Wicked Grounds
May 8, 2021 (2-4p Pacific, 3-5p Mountain, 4-6pCentral, 5-7p Eastern, 9-11p GMT)
Purchase tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/online-crotch-ropes-and-butt-bondage-tickets-152445971003
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/242313477582299
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/989322
Rope can be a wonderful tool for spicing up your sex life, and in todays class we will learn to apply crotch ropes for a variety of shapes and layouts of bodies. Join the author of Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macramé as we then convert them into hand holds for penetrative sex, craft artfully done butt bondage, and finally learn to create our own strap-on harnesses out of rope. Bring one or two 25-30 foot pieces of rope, and a dildo if you have one, and come play along (whether you are doing self-bondage, are with a partner, or just want to watch).
I also have other classes and events coming up! Come join me for one of these upcoming events in the second half of May and June (and visit my Upcoming Appearances page for things later in the year).
- Lee Harrington Weekly Wednesdays – Online Worldwide (May 19, 2021): Hosting a discussion on “Trans Rage: A Space for Non-Binary and Transgender Experience.”
- Patreon-Only Series – Online Worldwide (May 20, 2021): Teaching a class accessible only to my patrons.
- Lee Harrington Weekly Wednesdays – Online Worldwide (May 26, 2021): Hosting a discussion on “Altar Building.”
- Karada House – Online Worldwide (May 28, 2021): Leading a discussion on “From Gender Dysphoria to Gender Euphoria.”
- KIC Lounge – Online Worldwide (May 30, 2021): Teaching “Beyond Bowed Heads: Rituals for Dominance, Submission, and Life at Large.”
- Wicked Grounds – Online Worldwide (June 1, 2021): Teaching “Playing Well With Others: Discovering, Exploring, and Navigating the Kink Communities.”
- Lee Harrington Weekly Wednesdays – Online Worldwide (June 2, 2021): Hosting a discussion on “Exploring Edge Play: Whose Edge Is It?”
- Cirque du Earth – Online Worldwide (June 4-6, 2021): Teaching “Rope as Sacred Ritual,” “Fleshing It Out: Body Modification Sacred and Profane,” “The Queerness of Magic, the Magic of Queerness,” and appearing on the Trans Panel.
- House of St. James – Online Worldwide (June 17, 2021): Teaching “Desired Object, Forgotten Object: Objectification for Animists.”
- MaST East Stroudsburg – Online Worldwide (June 20, 2021): Teaching “Open Hearts, Open Minds: Exploring ‘Alternative’ Relationship Structures.”
- Patreon-Only Series – Online Worldwide (June 26, 2021): Teaching class accessible only to my patrons.
- TOOTH & TALON – Online Worldwide (June 26, 2021): Hosting a Shapeshifting Dance Party as a fundraiser for LGBTQ Freedom Fund.
To check out other classes and intensives beyond April (conferences and classes alike), visit my Upcoming Appearances page to learn more. From there you can sign up for my free newsletter as well. To enjoy further free material from me, consider joining me on Patreon 🙂
Much love to you all and see you soon!
Yours in Passion and Soul,