Hello beautiful beings, Merry March!
The first two months of 2019 have zoomed by. In January I relocated to living on my own in Denver, Colorado, and I feel so spoiled by my new space. Plenty of space with windows and altars everywhere, a few blocks from the capital building, and lots of amazing food within an easy walking distance. Being back in the center of the country has also set me up for doing a lot more teaching on the road this year. My exciting lineup is listed further below.
The last two months have also featured some personal travel as well. I started out the new year in Phoenix visiting my old friends there, and I had a chance in January to also go winter camping (okay, we had cabins) with people that I have known for years that are becoming deeper tribe to me. February also gave me the opportunity to go to the storytelling event that Bawdy Storytellingwas hosting in honor or the amazing Dossie Easton’s75thbirthday, as well as attending the Bay Area American Indian Two Spirits (BAAITS)Pow Wow. Breathtaking, the power, passion, connection, and community. I felt honored to have the chance to be present at both.
Two weeks ago was also the NELA Fetish Fleamarketin Rhode Island, where I had a chance to teach four classes, be part of a panel, attend the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence stage show/fundraiser, and in general have good connection time with a variety of folks. If you live in New England and have not been to NELA’s events, I recommend you put it on your calendar for next year – they have great education, wonderful shopping, and a lot of fun.
So what is coming up for March? Well, in a few days I’m heading back to Anchorage for 6 days for the Trans Alaska Summithosted by Trans Leadership Alaska. There will be a Gender Fabulous Dance Partyon Friday March 8th, the Summit itself on Saturday featuring a great mix of classes, workshops, and discussions, and Sunday will be a pool party. Why is a pool party so important? Many trans and gender nonconforming (TGNC) people don’t feel safe using locker rooms, or wearing the swimwear they are called to. Thus, there are many TGNC folks who haven’t swum in a long time, if ever, since they came out about their gender journey. I’m looking forward to teaching a class on teaching trans classes, as well as leading a discussion circle for and about gender fabulous and nonbinary individuals.
At the end of this month I will be in Austin, Texas with the folks at SAADE. Friday Marcg 29thI will be teaching on Rope and Power Exchangewith the folks at WhatKnot, while on Saturday I’m doing a full day of classes with SAADE. We will be diving into Rituals for Power Exchange, awareness around gender and transgender experience, and exploring how we can have service in our relationships that actually serves the folks in that relationship. Sunday the 31stis Transgender Day of Visibility, so I’ll also be teaching Traversing Gender: Understanding Transgender Realitiesthat day as well. I look forward to seeing all the Austin folks – it’s been too long.
The rest of the year is evolving fast! Trips to Houston, Maryland (including for the Sacred Kink Intensive in April!), Kansas, and multiple Denver events are already set, and trips to the NW USA, some places outside of the US, and more are currently under discussion. How exciting. And that doesn’t count writing projects, editing, private classes, and other excitement!
Yours in PassionAndSoul,
- Trans Alaska Summit– Anchorage, AK (March 9, 2019): Teaching“We are Gender Fabulous: Femme Transmen, Butch Transwomen, and Other Gender Adventuring” and “Designing and Presenting Trans Education Classes,” and attending the Friday Gender Fabulous Danceand Sunday Pool Party.
- The WhatKnot – Austin, TX (March 29, 2019): Teaching Rope Bondage for Power Exchange.
- School of Austin Advanced D/s Education (SAADE) – Austin, Texas (March 30, 2019): Teaching Beyond Bowed Heads, (Re)Thinking Gender, and Service that Actually Serves Us.
- SAADE– Austin, TX (March 31, 2019): Teaching Traversing Gender: Understanding Transgender Realitiesfor Trans Day of Visibility
- Houston, TX (April 11, 2019): Teaching The Queerness of Magic, the Magic of Queerness.
- Houston, TX (April 12-14, 2019): Teaching Clothing Bondage, followed by two rope bondage intensives “Innovation and Beauty in Rope” and “Power, Breath, and Connection with Rope.”
- William Blake Lodge Sacred Kink Initiatory Intensive – Greater Washington DC Area (April 26-28): Facilitating this three-day immersive educational and ritual experience.
- Camp Crucible – N. Maryland (May 24-June 2, 2019): Teaching classes, running ritual, and being a part of the hook suspension crew.
- Dark Odyssey: Fusion – N. Maryland (June 19-24, 2019): Teaching classes.
- Thunder in the Mountains – Denver, CO (July 26-28, 2019): Teaching Inner Monsters for Bottoms and Objectification for Animists.
- 6th Annual RSG Camp– Kansas City Area (September 6-8, 2019): Teaching rope bondage classes for this intimate camping and kink experience.
- Approachable Power Exchange Conference (APEx)– Denver, CO (October 11-13, 2019): Teaching (Re)Thinking Gender and Open Hearts, Open Minds.
- …and more to be announced soon!