THANK YOU ALL! BASIC FINANCIAL NEEDS MET. PLEASE SEE HERE FOR DETAILS. LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!
Friends, Family, Students, Tribe, Fellow Adventurers of Sexuality, Spirit and Life…
As many of you may have heard by now, I have had severe health concerns since mid-July. These are connected to my long term health issues, but I am in the midst of a flare up. Between July and December, I have had to cancel 13 gigs related to my health. Folks have asked for some time how they can help. This post is the answer.
My capacity to pay my bills is related to working. I am not working. To pay my bills thus far I have been going through my savings. Though I may be rich of memories and friends, I am not as financially well off as I would like- and after October rent gets paid in 2 weeks, I am out of funds.
Aiden (my partner and Boy) starts his new job at the end of October, and thus we will be able to pay bills again starting in late November. However, I need help. I have never asked for money in my life beyond my closest family and friends. This post was very hard to write, and I ask to be treated gently in your responses.
So, how can you help?
- Donate funds. I need money for November rent, October and November bills/food, and paying back flights from classes I had to cancel (and have been unable to reschedule). I need just shy of $3000 to do all of the above. These funds can be sent via PayPal (see sidebar on website, or use firstname.lastname@example.org- and if you say “I owe them money, there is no fee), or by emailing Aiden@AidenFyre.com to get our address for sending a check.
- Purchase a Book. The funds will not reach me until the end of November, but it is still appreciated. If you purchase via Mystic Productions Press, I get 6-10 times more money than if you purchase via Amazon.com. This is true for most authors and publishers, but Amazon is better than no sales.
- Come by my home in Brooklyn to clean, cook, bring over food, do laundry, go grocery shopping, walk the dog, organize the house, or help in some other way. This does not mean come over and hang out. I am very low on energy/spoons, and though I appreciate the intention of folks wanting to hang out, please know that if you offer to do one of the above, it must be with the knowledge that I may not even have the capacity to say hello depending on the day.
- Gift certificates. For FreshDirect.com, Amazon.com, a local massage therapist (or if you are one, coming over to do work for cheap/free), Costco, or
getting me a Netflix account… all would be amazing.
- Providing rides. These may be for me or Aiden, but the capacity to get easier to doctor appointments, hospital visits, petco, costco, his mother’s place on Long Islan, etc would be lovely.
- Purchase something for me off my Amazon “Lee’s Desires” wishlist.
- Write a review for one of my books on Lulu.com, Amazon.com or other sites.
- Go to my “Fans” page and write a class review, or in general let the world know I am a cool person so that when I start really working again in the new year, I will have some cred that makes up for me having been forced to take a chunk of time off.
- Help my partner in some way. Aiden has had to be my primary care person for 2 months, including through some very dark times. This might be sending him some twitter love, a fetlife note, or helping him do projects he *needs* to get done before he starts his new job October 24th. If you are a close friend or lover, spoil him. Please. He deserves it, and I have been far from my standard capacity.
- Go out and inspire someone. Share love with the world. Follow your bliss. Pass on something I taught you. Share a journal entry of mine that inspired you. In general, keep the work going… because right now I can’t. Right now, I have to get through this, and set up enough of a health foundation to not have this come up in a few months.
- Resist sending me “get better fast” notes. It will take what it takes, and I don’t need the pressure of being told ya’ll “need me back out working” when I already feel like crap for having to cancel. I do not cancel lightly, and this has been a series of very hard decisions.
- Pass this message on.
Thank you all. In advance, thank you, thank you.