Hello beautiful beings,
I am feeling so incredibly enriched right now. Having spent Friday at THRIVE BDSM and Mental Health Conference and all day today diving deep into sacred queerness and the ascent from the underworld at Waking Persephone – I’m absolutely blown away. Nourished. My cup is full… and there is still another day left to the weekend. I’ll be back at THRIVE in the morning and then sinking into Stone & Stang,for the rest of that day – wow.
Having spent the day in ritual, I am blown away by those I got to dive in deep with. I am truly awed by their wisdom, ability to tap in to spirit, knowledge, and performance skills, and in case you do not know them, please check out some of their work!
- Dame Wilburn (Storyteller, Moth mainstage host, and podcaster)
- Michelle Belanger (Occult expert, author of many books, teacher, and psychic)
- Misha Magdalene (author of “Outside the Charmed Circle: Exploring Gender & Sexuality in Magical Practice)
- Kamrah (trans masculine belly dancer and theatre performer)
- Laura Tempest Zakroff (author of “Sigil Witchery: A Witch’s Guide to Crafting Magick Symbols” and amazing artist)
- Juliana Finch (Sacred singer and songwriter)
It is days like today that remind me why I do this work. That I get to share them with such amazing people just blows me away, as do the people who today chose to dive into their authentic gender journeys, taking the lessons of trans experience and helping people of all experiences examine who they truly are. This is not to say “go Lee,” but instead to say that the power of the internet can make so many things possible, and I feel blessed for getting to learn from such powerful voices. All of the links above are free to peek at – seriously, go be blown away. I’m still crying from this song – “The Other Girls” by Juliana Finch, a song dedicated to the “It Gets Better” project.
Leaving the event today, the idea was presented that if we refill our pitchers, rather than only our own cups, we can help refill the cups of others. What are you doing to refill your cup or pitcher?
This coming week, come join me at:
- From Diets to Daily Journals: Maintaining and Enjoying Daily Practices
April 28th, 2021 (1-330p Pacific, 2-330p Mountain, 3-430p Central, 4-30p Eastern)
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/366773847987847/
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/990348
Join Zoom Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2439294154?pwd=ZGFhRWVaTjVhK1ZpZmthU0JrWmZFZz09
Meeting ID: 243 929 4154
So many of us set intentions to follow a specific morning practice, dietary path, or ongoing acts in our lives… but daily practices can be hard to maintain for many of us. Let’s get together and share our techniques, tools, and inspirations for continuing these plans we have set for ourselves. Maybe you have a daily practice you have followed for years, are just starting and want to set yourself up for success, or are hoping to pick up something you accidentally set by the wayside, having peers give us their ideas can help us all along the way.
A $1-25 donation is encouraged for the Weekly Wednesday series, but none is required to attend.
- Strategies for Switching: Fulfilling Your Diverse Desires
April 21st, 2021 (6-8p Pacific, 7-9p Mountain, 8-10p Central, 9-11p Eastern)
Purchase tickets: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/5104622
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/268819558209923/
Share on Fetlife: https://fetlife.com/events/984793
The term switch has a lot of baggage attached to it in a polarized BDSM community, where you are expected to be a Top or a Bottom, a Master or a Slave but there are a thousand reasons why many of us feel a calling to cross over from time to time while others are born to ride a wide variety of sides of their souls. We will be addressing why people switch (Tops who want to know what it feels like, Slaves who want to serve masochistic Masters, greedy versatile pigs who want it all), strategies to finding play partners or relationship structures (one partner many roles, play partners outside of monogamous relationships, polyamory, swinging, open relationships, self-play), and create ways to check in with ourselves about what our own needs are. Let’s look at switching, and see what notions we are ready to embrace, and which need to be switched around.
I also have other classes and events coming up! Come join me for one of these upcoming events in May or June (or other upcoming Wednesday events to be posted soon):
- Colorado Leather Fest – Online Worldwide (April 30-May 2, 2021): Teaching “Service That Actually Serves Us” and “Sacred Rope”.
- TOOTH & TALON – Online Worldwide (May 7, 2021): Hosting a Shapeshifting Dance Party as a fundraiser for LGBTQ Freedom Fund.
- Unabashed Queer Kink – Online Worldwide (May 8, 2021): Hosting space at their quarterly online play party.
- Wicked Grounds – Online Worldwide (May 16, 2021): Teaching “Crotch Ropes and Butt Bondage.”
- Wicked Grounds – Online Worldwide (June 1, 2021): Teaching “Playing Well With Others: Discovering, Exploring, and Navigating the Kink Communities.”
- Cirque du Earth – Online Worldwide (June 4-6, 2021): Teaching “Rope as Sacred Ritual,” “Fleshing It Out: Body Modification Sacred and Profane,” “The Queerness of Mag, the Magic of Queerness, and appearing on the Trans Panel.
- House of St. James – Online Worldwide (April 30-May 2, 2021): Teaching “Desired Object, Forgotten Object: Objectification for Animists.”
- MaST East Stroudsburg – Online Worldwide (June 20, 2021): Teaching “Open Hearts, Open Minds: Exploring ‘Alternative’ Relationship Structures.”
To check out other classes and intensives beyond April (conferences and classes alike), visit my Upcoming Appearancespage to learn more. From there you can sign up for my free newsletter as well. To enjoy further free material from me, consider joining me on Patreon 🙂
Much love to you all and see you soon!
Yours in Passion and Soul,