Thank you so much for agreeing to come on the Passion And Soul Podcast as a guest! Diversity of voices and topics is of interest for the show, and your unique perspective will help the world learn and reflect on a wider angle of sexuality, spirituality, connection, intention, passion and soul.
First, let’s set a time! Here are some notes about scheduling:
- For the show recording I will need an hour for the show, but I encourage clearing an hour and a half of time in case we talk before recording, or after the show is done.
- I am most often based in Alaska. This is 1 hour behind Seattle, 4 hours behind NYC, 8 hours behind London, and Melbourne is 5 hours “behind” (but one day ahead). As we plan, please keep in mind whose time we are talking about. I usually like to list things as 11am/1pm for example as a starting time as we are planning.
- We will work out these details and have you send pre-show needs (below) to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is important to me that our audience get to learn more about you and where you are coming from. Thus, one week before the show I would like you to:
- Send a 1-2 paragraph biography including name, background that includes your topic(s), published works (or selected published works if appropriate), and anything else you would like to have mentioned in your introduction.
- Provide the variety of ways people can reach you online (website, facebook, other social media platforms) to be used in the show notes.
- Send a web-sized image (or multiple to choose from) for the podcast advertising/webpages.
- Install Skype on your computer or phone (computer with cable plug is preferred for best signal and clearest recording).
- Provide me with your Skype username.
- Send a few questions or items you want to make sure we touch on, especially if you have projects you would like mentioned.
That day, make sure to be at your computer a few minutes in advance, and that it is in a quiet space. I edit comparatively little, and the bulk of the material gets used on the show that goes live. However, since the show is not a live broadcast, we can pause the show for coughs and off-air questions. If you decide during the show that what you just said needs to not be included, that is fine as well.
I will call you via Skype (my Skype ID: passionandsoul) at our scheduled interview time. Please make sure that Skype is on, and that you have added me to your contact list.
The interview is done in audio only. However, we’ll likely have video on during the show if we both have good connections, to provide better communication between us by being face-to-face. If the signal is not ideal, video will not be used as to provide better quality audio.
Before the show starts, we will talk for a few minutes to go over any questions we might each have, touch base, and go over talking points/questions we both want on the table.
The interview is less of a formal interview as it is a guided conversation. The idea for this show came up when I heard over and over again from folks “I wish I have been there for that conversation.” This lets the audience do exactly that!
The general flow of the show is:
- 5 second pause for ease of editing.
- “Welcome to the Passion And Soul Podcast…”
- A minute or so of me talking.
- Reading your biography.
- “Welcome to the show _____.”
- You say hello or some other greeting.
- I ask where people can learn more about you and reach you (and your answer).
- Both of us say goodbye.
- Information on subscribing to the podcast.
- “This has been the Passion And Soul Podcast… and be authentically you.”
During our chat, we will introduce our listeners to your experience, research, and ideas. You are a complex and amazing being, so it will be impossible to cover everything. The focus of the show is on passion and soul, sexuality and spirituality, intention and connection. Thus, our conversation and interview will keep coming back to those points amidst the discussion of who you are and what you are up to… and the topic of the show (if any was pre-set). Sometimes the topic does not end up manifesting until we look back at the show – and that is okay too!
Remember to be you, whoever that is. Sometimes the show has focused on faith or spirituality, and sexuality has only been a tangential part of the show. Other times it has been with sexuality advocates who are atheists, but talk about how authenticity is important in kink. Be you! I wanted to interview you, after all.
Some of the recurring questions on the show are variations of the following:
- What got you first involved in your interest area?
- Why are you passionate about your topic?
- How does this (or these) topics come up in your day to day life?
- If someone was only first getting into this topic, what tips, tricks or starting places would you recommend?
As I mentioned above though, each conversation is unique, and some conversations meander more than others.
- The Friday after we record (or that day if we recorded on a Friday/Saturday), I edit the show. The show either goes up that Monday, or up to 5 weeks later on a Monday (or occasionally a Tuesday), depending on the schedule. I am usually able to tell you the date your show is set to go live when we start recording that day, and thus advertising for “upcoming” events can be appropriately mentioned.
- As soon as we publish, I will send you links to the page where all of the platform links can be found. Feel free to link or post anywhere you like!
- I try to keep an updated list of all podcasts on the Audio page of my site, so if you forget the link, feel free to look there.
I look forward to having you on the show!
Recording: By participating in the Passion And Soul Podcast interview, you agree to allow Mystic Productions and Lee Harrington to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner. You also agree to allow Mystic Productions and Lee Harrington to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in other public distribution such as speeches, books, and audio.